2-Hr Volunteer Area
This is the place for teams to register their 2-Hr Volunteer for their regional tournament.
*** 2-Hr Volunteers are not the same as
Tournament Staff (TS) for Houston Area ***
2-Hr Vol are provided by/credited to the Team, whereas TS are assigned larger responsibility and are provided by/credited to the School/Membership.
2-Hour Volunteer Registration
Step 1: Gather All Information
- Team Membership Number and School Name
- Coach Name
- Coach Email Address
Step 2: Register Online
** Link for REGISTRATION here **.
- Register in the national database (odysseyofthemind.com) for Houston, Central and North Region tournaments. Coaches, please do NOT register on behalf of your volunteer. This causes confusion.
- If you do not complete Step 2, your team will not receive credit.
- Please refer to the 2017-18 calendar web page for Volunteer Registration deadline. We need time to organize our Volunteers! You can select your task later.
- Please register as a volunteer by February 4, 2018 for your team credit (HARO).
Step 3: Volunteer Confirmation Email
- Print and Save your Volunteer Confirmation email.
- No confirmation email? You aren't registered!!! You will receive a VOLUNTEER confirmation email after you successfully register. (The email can take up to an hour or two to be sent.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, you are not registered, try again and verify that you enter your email address a second time before pressing "Submit". (For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4. Pick your Volunteer Task (HARO only)
Additional instructions here for the Houston Region Tournament only
- Pick your Task.
- You can preview the available jobs here.
- Enter your email address: (You do not need to have a password on Signup.com)
- You must use the same email address that you used for registration so that they can be matched. If you do not complete Step 2, your team will not receive credit.
- Review the available tasks. You can sign-up for more than one task. There will be two lists of jobs. One for pre- or post-tournament jobs that can be selected early. This is a good option for anyone who does not want to work during the tournament hours. The second list will be published two weeks before, for on-the-day tasks.
- BE SURE to review all available dates in January, February and March. Click on each month.
- You must select your task by February 17, 2018 but the longer you wait, the fewer choices you will have.
- You will receive a separate confirmation email for the task as well as a reminder closer to the date.
- If you need to review or modify your task, please use the link in your Volunteer confirmation email, or the link in the task email, up to 4 days before tournament.
- If you do not select a task yourself by the deadline, the Volunteer Coordinator will assign you a task, around your team long term schedule. Choices will be more limited then.
Attention: If you pick a job but fail to register, your team cannot get credit. Your coach will get reminders that they do not have a volunteer. Please do it right, we have over 300 volunteers for some tournaments.
You must perform TWO steps: Register in the national database (odysseyofthemind.com) and pick a job (signup.com).